Donor: USAID • Partner: FHI 360 • Timeframe: November 2022 – July 2027
Bridge to Middle School
The USAID-funded Bridge to Middle School program in Morocco seeks to build the Ministry of Education (MEN) capacity to implement new, student-centered curricula that will have measurable learning impacts in Arabic and selected STEM subjects for grades 4 – 9 and in English for grades 7 – 9. The Bridge program aims to improve the performance of the MEN central directorates, education academies (AREFs), provincial directorates (DPs), and schools by employing evidence-based pedagogies that promote continuous learning in select content areas, emphasizing strengthened critical thinking skills.
IDP will support FHI 360 in cross-cutting programmatic areas to improve learning outcomes and ensure that Bridge pedagogical activities for select upper primary and lower secondary subjects are gender and disability inclusive. IDP will also support building the MEN, local schools, and community capacity to create and sustain a safe and inclusive environment. Our work will support policy and capacity-building to guide the scale-up and sustainability of successful practices.
- Developing a Gender and Social Inclusion Analysis and Action Plan that highlights the needs of girls and learners with disabilities
- Supporting project research and needs assessment
- Ensuring newly developed curricula and teaching and learning materials for English, Arabic, and Science subjects are grounded in Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Supporting the development of training modules, capacity-building plans, and policies that are gender and disability inclusive
- Developing a gender and UDL toolkit