Donor: USAID • Partner: RTI International • Timeframe: September 2021 – September 2026
Transforming the Education System for Teachers and Students in Liberia (TESTS)
The goal of Transforming the Education System for Teachers and Students in Liberia (TESTS) is to improve the quality of targeted Liberian early childhood education and primary teachers’ ability to deliver quality instruction. To achieve these aims, TESTS will support eight teacher training institutions (TTIs) in Liberia to ensure all curriculum and teacher training efforts are inclusive of marginalized populations, including women and persons with disabilities. IDP will support an embedded focus on Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and inclusive education strategies throughout teacher preparation activities to ensure the next generation of Liberian teachers can support ALL students to learn.
- Ensuring pre-service curricula are inclusive of UDL and social-emotional learning (SEL) principles
- Supporting TTIs to assess and improve the extent to which their teacher preparation programs are supportive of women and persons with disabilities
- Ensuring practicum opportunities prepare teachers to deliver inclusive education for girls, children with disabilities, and other marginalized populations
- Supporting TTIs and demonstration schools to be equipped with the material resources that will support inclusive teaching and learning
- Engaging disabled persons’ organizations (DPOs) as essential partners in advising on issues related to disability-inclusive education